Thousands of women and men who could not afford breast health care have received screenings, education and treatments as a result of dollars raised through fundraisers just like you. Join the fight to save lives and end breast cancer forever by committing to a personal fundraising goal today.
Here are some tips from past top Race Fundraisers.
- Set a personal goal today (we suggest $250).
- Make the first gift yourself to show your commitment! It will inspire confidence in your donors and you can ask your potential donors to match your donation. Whether your goal is $100 or $100,000, this is the best way to get started.
- Just ASK! The #1 reason people donate is simply because they were asked.
- Utilize your Participant Center. Take advantage of online tools including a customizable web page and email templates (login now) to ask friends and family to make a donation to support you.
- Spread the word on Social Media. Don’t underestimate the
power of Facebook and Twitter.
- Partner with your workplace with Matching Gifts. Does your company have a matching gift program?
- Send a letter. Reuse your holiday card mailing list.
- Download a list of 101 Fundraising Ideas
101 FUNdraising Ideas
Building Your Donor List
How to Raise $1,500 in 4 Weeks
Get Credit for Your Fundraising
- Submit all donations by 30 days after the Race to count towards your Race fundraising goal
- Provide your custom URL for your personal page when asking for online donations
- Write your registered name in the memo field to ensure credit when submitting checks for fundraising
- Include the Donation Collection Form when mailing your donations to make sure proper credit is given
- Mail forms and all donations to:
- Komen Greater FW Race
PO Box 99425
Fort Worth, TX 76199-0425
The Power of 10
$10 from 10 people to help find the cures for breast cancer. Can you raise $100? It’s simple, if each of the expected 10,000 Race participants asks 10 people to donate at least $10, each Race participant will raise $100, we would then have $1 million to fund programs in our area! What an amazing challenge!
Fundraising with Social Media
SGK Fundraise Mobile App
Download our FREE mobile app to help boost your fundraising efforts. You can log in with your Race username and password, making it possible to send emails, text messages, Tweets and Facebook updates!
*if you are not on a mobile device go to your app store and search SGK Fundraise
Facebook App - Only for PC's
Did you know that you can raise money for this year’s Komen Race for the Cure through Facebook? By adding the Komen Race for the Cure fundraising application to your Facebook page, you can easily extend your fundraising efforts to your network of friends on Facebook. Get started now.
Here's How to Get Started
Go to your Participant Center.
Log in with your Username & Password.
- Click on the IMPACT FUNDRAISING™ app through Facebook to install.
- Follow the Facebook steps and start collecting donations from your Facebook friends.